Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Some thoughts for the New Year

I heard a sermon on the radio yesterday from "Leading the Way". I thought the text a great one for us at the beginning of 2008.

"Brethren, I do not regard myself as having laid hold of it yet; but one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus." (Phi 3:13-14 NASB)

Many of us will walk through the new year with our past clinging to us - whether painful or victorious. We need to forget what lies behind. We must set those things aside (because they take our focus off of Jesus and place it on ourselves) and press on toward the prize. We must keep our eyes on Jesus Christ because the prize is found in Him alone!

No comments: